Our Master's Programs in Occupational Therapy
Please note: Students who entered this program in August 2021 formed the last M.O.T./M.S. class. Learn about our O.T.D. program.
Our programs are designed to offer the best educational practices in occupational therapy through carefully integrated programs of academic coursework, practice, and research. Program highlights include:
- Immersion in practice from the first semester onward through integrated Level I and Level II fieldwork experiences
- Hands-on learning experiences that are directly linked to academic content, theory, and research
- A pronounced emphasis on professional reasoning skills and leadership development
- Opportunities to benefit from one to one mentoring by expert researchers
- Opportunities to develop a specialty area of focus
- Develop skills needed to create and obtain funding for new community-based practices that meet real-world occupational needs
Choosing the Right Track
All of our students are admitted to our M.O.T. program. During the first semester, you get to learn about thesis options and, if interested, you can apply to pursue an M.S. degree. Each program of study involves at least 24 months of study during the fall, spring, and summer semesters. This includes Level I and II fieldwork experiences.
You will complete all your coursework on our CSU campus located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Fieldwork requirements are completed in a variety of locations in Colorado and across the nation.
Occupational Therapy Curriculum
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Plan A
Master of Occupational Therapy, Plan C (M.O.T.)
Integrating Occupational Therapy Experience OT Fieldwork
Both of our master’s programs will prepare you as an entry-level generalist practitioner who can work effectively with a variety of populations across the age spectrum. The fieldwork experience is an integral part of our M.S. and M.O.T. degree programs. No matter which track you choose, you will be ready for the next phase in your career.
All students complete five fieldwork experiences giving you an opportunity to apply classroom learning through hands-on practice in a variety of settings.