Colorado Child Welfare Stipend Program
The purpose of the Child Welfare Stipend Program at Colorado State University in the School of Social Work is the education of professional social workers to effectively serve families who use public child welfare services. Funds come from Title IV-E of the Social Security Act, which provides support for child welfare services, training, and education.
All students receiving a child welfare stipend make a commitment to employment in a Colorado Department of Human Services (DHS) following graduation. Students must work one calendar year for each academic year of funding. Based on the needs of the state, students not securing employment within two months of graduation may be required to accept employment in a rural county designated by the state.
- M.S.W. stipends provide between $8,000-$10,100 in funding, provided in two payments (fall/spring)
- B.S.W. stipends provide between $4,000- $6,100 in funding, provided in two payments (fall/spring)
- B.S.W. students must be approved to complete SOWK 488 as a concurrent placement during the fall and spring semester of the 2019-2020 academic year
- M.S.W. students must be approved to complete SOWK 688 during fall 2019 and spring 2020
- Students must be selected for a field placement within a DHS office
- Students will complete the IV-E application and participate in an interview for stipend recipient selection
Colorado Child Welfare Stipend Program How to Apply
To learn more and ask questions, please contact Sarah Rudisill, Distance Liaison for the Center for Lifelong Learning and Outreach Education (CLOE), at (970) 491-7817 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying for the Child Welfare Stipend but have not yet attended an information session or a one on one appointment with Sarah Rudisill, please do so before completing your application. Sarah can be reached at (970) 491-7817 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: while we are claiming Level AA Conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, files on this page denoted with an * are not yet fully accessible. Please contact our Sarah Rudisill at (970) 491-7817 if you need assistance.
Students who are applying for a stipend for the first time, please fill out the following application:
If you have already received a child welfare stipend and plan to apply for the stipend for the second time, or you currently work in a Child Welfare Agency, please fill out the following application:
All applicants are required to have at least two references, complete the following form, and follow the instructions on the form for submission: