HRSA-BHWET Stipend Program
CSU’s School of Social Work and MSU Denver Department of Social Work are pleased to announce that we have received a new HSRA Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training for Professionals Project (BHWET) grant. The grant is funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The full grant award is for four years in the amount of $1.92 million with $479,999 awarded for each academic year.
Current M.S.W. Concentration Year (including Advanced Standing) students who are in their final year of the program, and are in good academic standing, are eligible to apply.
The grant is designed to position stipend recipients to succeed in addressing the behavioral health needs of rural and underserved populations, with particular attention to addressing the needs of multi-cultural and multi-lingual clients and communities.
Students can also build a network of professionals and agencies that collaborate in providing interdisciplinary services to at-risk children and their families across the lifespan, with particular attention to work within inter-professional teams and contexts with specific training in and with integrated primary care agencies.
- The purpose of the HRSA-BHWET program is to strengthen the Behavioral Health workforce; it positions M.S.W. practitioners to be on the cutting edge of current practice trends as health care and behavioral health care become more integrated under the Affordable Care Act.
- $10,000 field placement stipends
- Ideal for M.S.W. students who are currently placed in the first semester (Fall 2019) of a Concentration (SOWK 688) Field Placement that focuses on:
- Clinical work serving populations across the lifespan, including in rural and medically underserved areas AND
- Providing inter-professional learning experiences (learning experiences among a group of individuals from two or more professions)
HRSA-BHWET Stipend Program 2019-20 Application Forms
- 2019-20 HRSA BHWET Application*
- HRSA BHWET Letter of Recommendation*
- BHWET Agency Verification Letter*
Please note: while we are claiming Level AA Conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, files on this page denoted with an * are not yet fully accessible. Please contact Liz Davis at email@example.com if you need assistance.