The purpose of the Center for Lifelong Learning and Outreach Education is to provide research-based professional development opportunities for social workers and social service providers throughout the state of Colorado. We also provide individually developed courses and trainings in collaboration with our partners.
The Center for Life Long Learning and Outreach Education will develop, administer, and integrate degree and non-degree educational programs that extend outside the on-campus degree programs of the School of Social Work. The Center will exercise oversight to maintain high quality programs that are consistent with the mission and goals of the School of Social Work, the College of Health and Human Sciences, and Colorado State University.
The Center will foster increased faculty and student involvement in community improvement as resources for social workers and human service personnel, providing life long learning opportunities, and engaging alumni in both providing and participating in the educational opportunities offered by the Center.
- Provide M.S.W. programs to individuals living outside of Northern Colorado
- Provide continuing educational opportunities for both B.S.W. and M.S.W. social workers practicing in Colorado including certificate programs
- Partner with Cooperative Extension in providing consultation and educational opportunities for their employees
- Evaluate the need for outreach education within the state of Colorado
- Provide training for human service agencies
- Provide training for the State of Colorado Human Services Department and their constituencies
- Conduct evaluation of distance education and continuing education programs