Center for Community Partnerships Empowerment Course
The Empowerment Course is a one-semester course for young adults (ages 18-26) with disabilities or learning differences. This course emphasizes self-advocacy skills and developing an understanding of personal strengths and interests. Students will be prepared for obtaining and maintaining meaningful employment in fields of interest. Upon completion of the one-semester course in the fall, students will participate in a 40-60 hour internship in the spring to further gain employment skills in a field of their interest.
Applications for Fall 2022 have closed. For information about the program, or to receive email updates about future application cycles, please reach out to Rebecca (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Empowerment Course Who Should Apply?
- High school graduates or GED recipients between the ages of 18-26
- Students who currently have or have previously qualified for an IEP or 504 plan
- Individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and are motivated to work in a field of interest
- Individuals who are able to use transportation around Fort Collins independently
- Individuals who are willing to discuss personal strengths and challenges
- Individuals who are motivated to gain competitive, meaningful employment upon the completion of the course and internship