Trauma 101: Introduction to Trauma and Resilience
Trauma 101 is focused on building an understanding of the impact of complex trauma on children and families. Participants will learn about the building blocks of resilience and how to recognize and support resilience in children and families. Finally, Trauma 101 will discuss the consequent impacts of working with families who have experienced trauma and how to support resilience in yourself and your organization.
Trauma 201: Trauma-Informed Practice - Putting your trauma knowledge to work
Do you have an understanding of what trauma is, but feel unsure how to use your knowledge when working with families? Trauma 201 is designed to help you advance your knowledge to include practical tools and skills you can use in your work every day. Join us for a smaller, workshop-style training that is designed to increase your confidence in working with people who have been impacted by trauma.
National Child Traumatic Stress Network Training Curriculum
CTRAC Trainers will facilitate delivery and discussion of NCTSN training including:
- Think Trauma – provides training for juvenile justice staff on how to work towards creating a trauma-informed juvenile justice residential setting. This training will help further staff’s knowledge on trauma and delinquency, trauma’s impact on development, coping strategies, vicarious trauma, and self-care.
- Road to Recovery – focused on teaching providers how to work with children and families who are living with intellectual and developmental disabilities and have experienced trauma. This training is designed to teach basic knowledge, skills, and values about working with children with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities who have also experienced traumatic experiences, and how to use this knowledge to support children’s safety, well-being, and recovery through trauma-informed practice.
- Child Welfare Trauma Training Toolkit – teaches basic trauma-informed knowledge, skills, and values about working with children who are in the child welfare system who have experienced trauma. You will learn how to support children’s safety, permanency, and well-being through case analysis and interventions tailored for them and their family.
Building Resilience to Secondary Traumatic Stress
Secondary traumatic stress is the natural and consequent impact of being exposed to stories of trauma as a helping professional. Over time, STS can compromise our personal and professional wellbeing and lead to professional burnout. This training is focused on building skill in recognizing STS and introducing personal and organizational practices to support the resilience of those supporting children, adults, and families impacted by trauma.
Administering Trauma and Resilience Screening and Assessment
Are you a mental health professional who is interested in conducting Trauma and Resilience Assessments? CTRAC has a training curriculum that includes observation, classroom style training, and clinical practice to build skill and confidence as a provider of trauma assessments for the community. This training is completed over the course of several sessions at the participant’s convenience. Those completing the training requirements will receive a certification of completion from CTRAC.
Customized training in Trauma-Informed Practice
Do you have a specific topic related to trauma and resilience that you would like to address in a training at your organization? CTRAC is happy to work with you to build a customized training to address your specific training goals.
Training and Consultation Pricing
- Full-Day (six hour) Prepared Curriculum: $2400
- Half-Day (three hour) Prepared Curriculum: $1200
- Administering Trauma and Resilience Screening and Assessment: $2000/person
- Customized Training: Full or half-day rate plus additional cost for preparation and consultation
- Consultation: 15 min. – $50; 30 min. – $100
*For trainings outside Fort Collins, mileage and per diem costs will be added.
Consult with us for which training will meet the needs of your organization. Call (970) 491-5093 or email email@example.com.