Giving grows up: Colorado tax credit encourages giving to CSU's Early Childhood Center
Did you know that gifts to the Colorado State University Early Childhood Center may be eligible for the Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit (CCCCC)?
The CCCCC was established to promote greater donations for Colorado child care programs in order to increase the quality and availability of these programs throughout the state. Colorado taxpayers who make cash gifts to the Early Childhood Center may be able to receive a 50 percent tax credit on state income taxes when the donation promotes a childcare program. For details, please consult your tax adviser.
- Only cash gifts apply
- The donor must designate in writing, either on the check or via e-mail to Andréa Kerr-Shulski (email@example.com), that the gift is for CCCCC.
- Donors may not receive any goods or services in return for their contribution.
- A minimum gift of $100 is required by CSU to receive the CCCCC.
- The credit allowed shall not exceed $100,000 per year.
- The credit allowed shall not exceed the tax liability for the year. Any excess credits may be carried forward for up to five years.
- The Child Care Contribution Credit expires December 31, 2024, so gifts paid during calendar years 2019–2024 are eligible.
- The Griffin Foundation Gym and Community Room
- “Clark Street Station” History Wall
- Barbara McCornack Director’s Office
- Phyllis and Shogi Sakurada Kitchen
- Bea Romer and Peggy Noland Children’s Musical Garden
- Rattenborg Noland Romer Infant and Toddler Playspace
- Freeberg Family Library and Parent Resource Center
Naming Opportunities / Gift Amount to Name
- Early Childhood Center Building / $1.5 Million
- Welcome Center / $250,000
- Outdoor Learning Environment / $750,000
- Community Garden/Mini Oval / $250,000
- Preschool Classroom – Large / $100,000
- Infant Room / $50,000
- Toddler Classroom (2 available) / $50,000
- Preschool Classroom (3 available) / $50,000
- Teacher Office/ $35,000
- Observation Room (7 available) / $5,000
- Mother’s Room / $3,500
- Outdoor Bench / $3,000
- Cozy Corner (7 available) / $1,000
- Tree / $1,000
- Nameplate on ECC Giving Tree / $100