Center for Community Partnerships About the Program
The transition from high school to college is a giant leap….a BRIDGE makes it easier!
Our Bridge program is for incoming CSU students with a disability and their families. The two and a half day program is designed to ease the transition to higher education and campus life. Although the program has primarily served students on the autism spectrum or who have a brain injury, it is open to all incoming students with any type of disability. Students entering the program participate in small groups according to individual needs and challenges.
Here is what you can expect from your participation in the Bridge program:
- Personalized tours to locate your classes, dining, activities, places to study, and resources.
- Information and tips on self-advocacy for your success in college.
- Opportunities to meet new friends and important people on campus.
- Learn how to identify and use campus resources, academic supports and accommodations.
- Move-in to your residence hall early.
- Connect to our ongoing support through the Opportunities for Postsecondary Success program.
- Field trip to Old Town Fort Collins and the Transfort bus system.
The Bridge program fee is $600.00; or, if you also register for the OPS program, the fee is reduced to $300.
Bridge 2019 Dates:
- Tuesday, August 20 from 9am-4pm
- Wednesday, August 21 from 9am-4pm
- Thursday, August 22 from 8am-12noon