Center for Community Partnerships Veterans Get A New Start
New Start helps our student veterans to achieve success in college and ultimately the career of their choice.
New Start Services are Free
Individualized support is customized to meet your needs and may include:
- Easing the transition from military to student life
- Identifying challenges and developing compensatory strategies
- Memory and concentration tips and strategies
- Addressing physical, mental and cognitive challenges – getting accommodations
- Stress management and connection to resources
- Academic skill building
- Peer mentoring
- Recreational activities and social community
- Connection to campus and community resources
New Start is indebted to Dr. Dennis Repp, the program’s primary and founding benefactor. Dr. Repp is a distinguished CSU alumnus and military veteran who is constant in making a difference in the lives of others. We applaud and thank you Dr. Repp for inspiring this active and vital program here at CSU!
Her kindness and compassion for those of us trying to come back to the civilian world, especially women, was literally life changing for me.
” I was so scared to reach out for help and she (New Start Coordinator) helped me more than I can ever express. This Veterans Day I find myself thanking people like her because we need them more than ever!”