Enroll Now Register for Fit Cancer
Thank you for your interest in participating in Fit Cancer! To register, click the link below. This link will take you to an online health history questionnaire, to help ensure your safety in participating in the program. Upon completion of the form, program staff will contact you as soon as possible to set up your first visit.
If you would like more information about the program before completing this questionnaire, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (970) 491-4653.
Physician Clearance Form
If you have already scheduled your first Fit Cancer program assessment, but need physician clearance prior to participating, you can download and print the form below to bring with you to your first visit.
Health and Human Sciences Outreach and Engagement Program Overview
Exercise is a critical part of maintaining one’s health throughout the cancer journey.
Research has shown that cancer patients and survivors who are physically active have greater overall survival rates and quality of life. The Fit Cancer program is uniquely tailored to the needs of each cancer survivor to combat the deleterious side effects of treatment and to empower members to engage in meaningful, active lifestyles.
Participants can expect to see many benefits including:
- Improved strength
- Enhanced balance and coordination
- Reduced fatigue
- Stress relief
- Increased energy levels
- Gaining knowledge and skills to exercise safely and independently
- Meeting other survivors in a supportive exercise environment
Wellness Program Details
The Fitness Therapy for Cancer program (Fit Cancer) is overseen and instructed by an American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist, and Cancer Exercise Trainer. It will include group-based classes that incorporate cardio, strength, and flexibility exercises. There will be education, discussion, and additional resources to support long-term, independent physical activity.
Who is eligible: Any adult cancer survivor or patient
What: 8-week exercise program
Where: Exercise classes take place at CSU (Moby Complex – C 102)
When: Program start dates are in September, January, and March – exercise classes are held one evening per week
- Individualized pre- and post-program assessments with a certified exercise physiologist
- 8 interactive, group-based exercise classes lead by a certified exercise physiologist and cancer exercise trainer
- Three discussion sessions that will provide you with the tools and knowledge to exercise safely and effectively on your own
- Activity Monitor
- A program workbook with exercise, community, and educational resources
We are located in the Moby Complex
From the South:
- I-25/ Hwy 87 north to Prospect Rd, Exit #268
- Travel west (left) onto Prospect Rd to the intersection of Prospect Rd & South Shields St (∼5 miles).
- Turn north (right) onto South Shields St.
- Continue north to the intersection of South Shields St. and West Elizabeth St (∼ 1/2 mile).
- Turn east (right) onto West Elizabeth St. into the Moby Auditorium/Gymnasium Parking Lot.
- Proceed to the designated parking areas on Moby Drive.
- Once parked, proceed to the front entrance of the Human Performance Clinical Research Laboratory.
- Ask for a parking pass at the reception desk. Please place the pass in your front window.
Read the Fit Newsletter
Read the latest Newsletter Update: