You and your animal share the ability to improve the life of someone in need.
Volunteering with HABIC
The first step to becoming a HABIC volunteer team is to attend an information session. HABIC information sessions are held four times per year. Attendance is required to become a HABIC volunteer. Check the Upcoming Events page or follow HABIC on Facebook to be notified of information session dates (be sure to enable notifications).
In addition, be sure to review the Certification Requirements.
We strongly recommend that dogs and handlers have participated in at least one group training class prior to refining their skills at HABIC training. Contact us for a list of recommended training facilities in the community.
Some other things to consider as you explore the website and learn more about HABIC:
- Can I meet a consistent schedule of visits with clients?
- Do I enjoy engaging with people to make connections?
- Am I able to advocate for my animal’s needs?
- Does my animal LOVE people?
- Is my animal dependable and trustworthy?
- Does my animal feel comfortable in new situations?