You and your animal share the ability to improve the life of someone in need.
Volunteering with Human-Animal Bond in Colorado
The first step to becoming a HABIC volunteer team is to attend an information session. HABIC information sessions are held four times per year. Attendance is required to become a HABIC volunteer.
We strongly recommend that dogs and handlers have participated in at least one group training class prior to refining their skills at HABIC training. Contact us for a list of recommended training facilities in the community.
Things to consider
- Can I meet a consistent schedule of visits with clients?
- Do I enjoy engaging with people to make connections?
- Am I able to advocate for my animal’s needs?
- Does my animal LOVE people?
- Is my animal dependable and trustworthy?
- Does my animal feel comfortable in new situations?