HDFS Undergraduate Advising
Human Development and Family Studies advising staff are here to help you get the most out of your studies.
- If you are unsure about who your adviser is, log in to RAMweb and click on ‘My Adviser(s)’ under the Registration heading.
- If you are a current HDFS or Early Childhood Education major or gerontology student and there is not an assigned adviser listed, please call the HDFS Advising Office.
- Please only schedule an appointment with your assigned adviser.
Undergraduate Drop-In Hours
Drop-in advising helps you get quick questions (5-10 minutes) answered in between advising appointments, such as class overrides, getting forms signed, and class questions.
Spring drop-in advising is available via Microsoft Teams with students’ assigned adviser.
- Monday: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday: 5 – 6:30 p.m. (advisers rotate)
- Thursday: 3 – 4 p.m.
HDFS Peer Advisors are also available via Microsoft Teams for the spring 2021 semester. Find their hours below:
- Monday and Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday: 12 – 4 p.m.
If you are looking for more information about an HDFS graduate degree please browse our Graduate Advising page. You can find information about our application process, faculty mentors, and application criteria.
Peer Mentoring Program
Meet faculty and staff who were also first-generation college students, like our very own CHHS Dean Lise Youngblade.