HDFS Undergraduate Advising
Human Development and Family Studies advising staff are here to help you get the most out of your studies.
- If you are unsure about who your adviser is, log in to RAMweb and click on ‘My Adviser(s)’ under the Registration heading.
- If you are a current HDFS or Early Childhood Education major or gerontology student and there is not an assigned adviser listed, please call the HDFS Advising Office.
- Please only schedule an appointment with your assigned adviser.
Undergraduate Drop-In Hours
HDFS Spring 2023 Drop-In Hours
The schedule is subject to change. Advisers will notify students as soon as possible regarding changes.
First Week of the Semester
The first week of each semester is dedicated to extended drop-in advising hours to help students with scheduling issues for that semester. Advisers offer drop-in hours throughout the day for the entire week. No appointment is needed, and students attend their assigned HDFS advisor’s drop-in times. Advisers will email extended drop-in schedules to their students and include them in their email signatures.
Regular Semester Schedule
The regular semester drop-in schedule begins the second week of classes. Drop-ins are offered several times a week for students who have quick questions (5-10 minutes) Drop-in advising is available to help students get quick questions (5-10 minutes) answered, forms signed, etc. No appointment is needed, and students can attend any of the available days/times. If the adviser is meeting with another student, please wait patiently in the waiting room.
Important Advising Deadlines
- Friday, January 20: Restricted Drop Deadline (Accelerated, 8-week classes; check other courses for add/drop deadlines)
- Sunday, January 22: Last day to add classes (Check courses for add/drop deadlines). Last day for tuition reimbursement spring term.
- Monday, January 23: Instructor approval required to add classes.
- Wednesday, February 1: Last day to drop classes (Check courses for add/drop deadlines)
- Monday, April 14: Repeat/Repair forms due for SP23, and deadline for withdrawal from individual courses.
- March 11-19: Spring break
If you are looking for more information about an HDFS graduate degree please browse our Graduate Advising page. You can find information about our application process, faculty mentors, and application criteria.
Peer Mentoring Program
Meet faculty and staff who were also first-generation college students, like our very own CHHS Dean Lise Youngblade.