HDFS Undergraduate Advising
Human Development and Family Studies advising staff are here to help you get the most out of your studies.
- If you are unsure about who your adviser is, log in to RAMweb and click on ‘My Adviser(s)’ under the Registration heading.
- If you are a current HDFS or Early Childhood Education major or gerontology student and there is not an assigned adviser listed, please call the HDFS Advising Office.
- Please only schedule an appointment with your assigned adviser.
Undergraduate Drop-In Hours
Extended First Week Student Drop-in Advising hours: 8/22-8/29
Advisers offer extended student drop-in advising hours the first week of each semester to help students with schedule-related issues that semester. Students are asked to meet with their assigned advisor during these drop-in times. Please contact your advisor for their schedule.
HDFS Fall 2022 Drop-In Hours
The schedule is subject to change. Advisers will notify students as soon as possible regarding changes.
Regular fall semester student drop-in advising hours will be offered virtually (or in-person) three days each week beginning Tuesday, August 30. Drop-in advising is available to help students get quick questions (5-10 minutes) answered, forms signed, etc. No appointment is needed and students can attend any of the available days/times. Students joining drop-ins virtually should click the Zoom links below. Drop-ins are first come, first served, so if the adviser is meeting with another student, please wait patiently in the waiting room. Students wishing to attend in-person should check in with a peer adviser at the HDFS Advising Office located in the Behavioral Sciences Building (BSB), Room A-116.
Important Advising Deadlines
- Friday, Aug. 26: Restricted Drop Deadline (Accelerated, 8-week classes; HDFS 477, HDFS 492; check other courses for add/drop deadlines)
- Sunday, Aug. 28: Last day to add classes (Check courses for add/drop deadlines)
- Mon., Sep. 5: Labor Day, No classes
- Wed., Sep. 7: Last day to drop classes (Check your courses for add/drop deadlines)
- Mon., Sep. 12: Fall payment due. Check Office of Financial Aid for more information.
- Thurs., Sep. 15: Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals due for spring. Check Office of Financial Aid for more information.
- Sat., Oct. 1: FAFSA and CSUSA Open for 2023-2024
- Fri., Nov. 11: Individual course withdrawal deadline & fall Repeat/Repair requests due on RamWeb
If you are looking for more information about an HDFS graduate degree please browse our Graduate Advising page. You can find information about our application process, faculty mentors, and application criteria.
Peer Mentoring Program
Meet faculty and staff who were also first-generation college students, like our very own CHHS Dean Lise Youngblade.