High School Summer Institute Women in Construction Management
The Women in Construction Management Summer Institute will be held June 6-10, 2023 on the CSU Campus.
They teach you more than just construction. It’s also about being confident and learning to love yourself.
Construction Managers work in dynamic teams to take the designer’s vision and make it a reality.
With one of the highest job placement rates and starting salaries of any major, a degree in Construction Management is a great choice for those who enjoy teamwork, solving tangible problems, critical thinking, and creating the world around them.
This five-day four-night on-campus program is for up to 25 high school students age 15-18 who are interested in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC). Each day participants will engage with professional women representing AEC industries as well as college mentors to work on building their confidence and developing an understanding of construction management and related careers while having fun exploring construction related topics and activities!
Women in CM Summer Institute Flyer
The application for the 2023 Women in CM Summer Institute is closed. Please check back for future program information. If you would like to speak with someone about the CM Program at CSU or to schedule a visit and tour, please email Gianna.Bueno@colostate.edu.
Thank you to THE BEAVERS CHARITABLE TRUST for funding the program since 2018!
Check out our 2022 Institute video for an overview of the experience:
Audio Described Version of ‘Women in Construction Management Institute 2022’
Women in Construction Management Summer Institute News and Information
News & Articles
2023 CM grad attributes WCM Summer Institute with decision to go into construction
CSU Source article on 2022 Women in CM Summer Institute
CSU Source article on 2019 Women in CM Summer Institute
CSU Source article and video on 2018 Women in CM Summer Institute
CSU Source article and video on 2017 Women in CM Summer Institute
- “I loved every minute of it. Thank you for providing this incredible opportunity.”
- “This program is the best I have ever been to. I have learned so much and really feel more confident and empowered.”
- “They teach you more than just construction. It’s also about being confident and learning to love yourself.”
- “It is extremely empowering and really teaches a lot about the industry.”
- “It helps women know they can do anything.”
- “It is such a life changing opportunity.”
- “It inspires women to get out of their shells and be themselves.”
- “Go for it. Even if CM is not for you, you will leave the program knowledgeable, confident, and with tons of new friends.”
- “I felt more comfortable exploring a male dominated industry with other females.”
- “At the beginning of camp, [being all-female] didn’t seem as important, but after some time, the amazing mentors and inspiring women we met changed my opinion. It is important for girls to meet inspirational women and be exposed to a positive, all girl experience.”
- “We need more female empowerment like this.”
- “Do it. It’s so much more than you think.”
- 100% of participants agreed they gained self-confidence
- 100% of participants felt more informed about leadership roles for women
- 100% of participants would recommend this program to others
- 100% of participants agreed that construction is a great field for women