High School Summer Institute Women in Construction Management
The Women in Construction Management Summer Institute will be held VIRTUALLY June 2 – 5, 2021.
They teach you more than just construction. It’s also about being confident and learning to love yourself.
Construction Managers work in dynamic teams to take the designer’s vision and make it a reality.
With one of the highest job placement rates and starting salaries of any major, a degree in Construction Management is a great choice for those who enjoy teamwork, solving tangible problems, critical thinking, and creating the world around them.
This four-day virtual program is for up to 25 high school students age 15-18 who are interested in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC). Each day participants will engage with professional women representing AEC industries as well as college mentors to work on building their confidence and developing an understanding of construction management and related careers while having fun!
If you have any questions, or if you are interested in learning more about Construction Management at CSU, please reach out to Anna Fontana at: Anna.Fontana@colostate.edu
Thank you to THE BEAVERS FOUNDATION for funding the camp since 2018!
Women in Construction Management Summer Institute News and Information
News & Articles
- “I loved every minute of it. Thank you for providing this incredible opportunity.”
- “They teach you more than just construction. It’s also about being confident and learning to love yourself.”
- “It is extremely empowering and really teaches a lot about the industry.”
- “It helps women know they can do anything.”
- “It is such a life changing opportunity.”
- “It inspires women to get out of their shells and be themselves.”
- “Go for it. Even if CM is not for you, you will leave the program knowledgeable, confident, and with tons of new friends.”
- “I felt more comfortable exploring a male dominated industry with other females.”
- “At the beginning of camp, [being all-female] didn’t seem as important, but after some time, the amazing mentors and inspiring women we met changed my opinion. It is important for girls to meet inspirational women and be exposed to a positive, all girl experience.”
- “Do it. It’s so much more than you think.”
- 100% of participants agreed they gained self-confidence
- 100% of participants felt more informed about leadership roles for women
- 100% of participants would recommend this program to others
- 100% of participants agreed that construction is a great field for women