Ph.D. Opportunities for Construction Management Interdisciplinary and Collaborative Doctoral Programs
Construction Management has two interdisciplinary doctoral program opportunities, offering the right fit for each candidate. These programs are a collaborative effort between the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the Department of Construction Management, and the School of Education.
To be considered for CM Graduate Teaching Assistantships (if available), new and continuing students must submit a complete doctoral program application by the following deadlines:
- September 15th for Spring semester
- February 1st for Fall semester
Timely submitting your complete application can increase your chances of being accepted and receiving financial assistance. To be considered for GTA positions, official transcripts must be received by the Graduate School at the time of teaching assistantship application. Please consider applying for future terms if you cannot submit all required application materials by the deadline.
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistantships
We may be able to offer either a GRA or GTA depending on availability and your credentials.
- To be considered for a GRA or GTA, you must first be accepted to the program, meaning you must apply first to the program before we can consider your eligibility.
- To be considered for GTA positions, you must submit all application materials by the posted deadline.
- To be considered for GTA positions, the Graduate School must receive all of your official transcripts before you can move into the GTA selection process.
- Priority for new and renewal GTA positions is given to students who are admitted and enrolled in the CM masters program, collaborative doctoral program focusing on construction with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE), the collaborative doctoral program focusing on construction with the School of Education (SOE), or the Systems Engineering Ph.D. program with a primary advisor who is a CM faculty member.
- GRA positions open at different times of the year based on when faculty research funding is available. Faculty members are the final decision-makers for GRA positions in their research programs.
- For other information about financial aid please check the following links.