B.S. in Construction Management Program Highlights
Construction management is the overall planning, coordination, and control of a project from inception to completion.
The CM major addresses issues related to the management of multiple project sites and the applications of resource management, schedule control, cost control, design and other requirements of the construction process.
The Department of Construction Management at Colorado State University is committed to providing an equal opportunity program for underrepresented populations in our student body and the construction industry, including all genders, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
B.S. in Construction Management Learn More
The Construction Management (CM) program at CSU is one of the top-ranked programs in the nation. Since its inception in 1946, more than 5,000 students have graduated, many of them going on to become leaders in their field.
Resources Prospective and Current Students
B.S. in Construction Management For Prospective Students
Annual Open House
Discover why a career in Construction Management is a great choice for students who enjoy problem-solving, teamwork, hands-on-learning, and leadership. We invite you to explore the construction management major and career opportunities while participating in hands-on activities and learning from current students and staff.
- Our session will begin with an overview of the industry and career paths, as well as the Bachelor of Science in Construction Management here at CSU. You will be challenged with a hands-on activity that draws on 3-dimensional thinking, performing under pressure, good communication, and teamwork. Current students will host a Q&A session in which they will answer questions about leadership development opportunities, courses, internships, and anything else you want to know! Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to explore our facilities on a student-led tour.
- Friday, October 5th, 2018 3 – 5 p.m.
- 122 Preconstruction Center (251 West Laurel St. Fort Collins, CO 80526)
- This event is free and light snacks and beverages will be provided.
- Free 2-hour parking is available in the areas indicated on the map in blue, which are not monitored after 4 p.m. On-campus parking is available for a fee in the areas indicated on the map.
Information for Prospective Transfer and Second-Bachelors Students
Thank you for your interest in the Construction Management program at Colorado State University.
The Department of Construction Management offers a 120-credit undergraduate program for a Bachelors of Science in Construction Management. As a transfer or second bachelors candidate, you will begin at CSU as a Pre-CM major and must satisfy the set of admission requirements in order to apply for full admission to Construction Management. The program is a restricted and capped program, and only the top 100 students who apply will be accepted each fall and spring.
You should expect to spend at least 2.5 years to complete the degree, regardless of the number of credits completed prior to admittance. If you are planning to transfer to CSU to pursue Construction Management, we encourage you to consult with our academic advisers early in the planning process to determine transfer equivalencies and applicability of transfer coursework to the required CM curriculum. CSU offers the following tools to help you plan your next steps:
CSU Transfer Course Evaluation & Acceptance Policies
Find Transfer Course Equivalencies
If you would like to meet with a CM adviser to discuss your transfer to Colorado State University to pursue the Construction Management major, please schedule an advising appointment by calling our office at (970) 491-7354.
Students planning to transfer to CSU to pursue Construction Management should consult with our academic advisers early in the planning process to determine transfer equivalencies and applicability of transfer coursework to the required CM curriculum.
Once you apply to CSU, the Registrar’s Office will complete a transfer evaluation and provide a report of how your undergraduate courses transfer to CSU. The CM academic advisers use this report to identify how your transfer coursework applies to the required CM curriculum and determine the remaining courses required to complete a major in Construction Management.
Change of Major or Minor to Construction Management
If you are a current CSU student looking to add a Construction Management major, please sign up for a Change of Major Workshop.
If you are a current CSU student looking to add a Construction Management minor, please call the advising office at (970) 491-7354 to set up an appointment.
Admission Requirements for Freshman, Transfer, Second-Bachelors, and Current CSU Students
Students seeking to apply to the Construction Management program at Colorado State University must be admitted to CSU as (or change their major to) Pre-Construction Management (Pre-CM). To apply to CM, Pre-CM students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 2.75 cumulative CSU GPA
- Completion of CON 101 Introduction to Construction with a “B” grade or better
- Completion of CO 150 College Composition with a “B” grade or better
- Completion of MATH 125 Numerical Trigonometry with a “C” grade or better
Once a student has met the minimum requirements listed above they are eligible to formally apply to the program (see below). Students are admitted to the program each semester in May and December based on academic performance in regards to the requirements listed above.
NOTE: As a Pre-Construction Management student you will not be able to take any CON classes (besides CON101) until you are fully admitted to the program.
B.S. in Construction Management For Current Pre-CM and CM Students
Application Process for Admission to the Construction Management Program
Current students whose majors are “Pre-Construction Management” are eligible to apply to the full Construction Management major as follows:
- Fulfill all minimum CM admission requirements (see above).
- Complete a Change of Major form in the CM Advising Office (Guggenheim 222B) and turn it into an advising office staff member for signature. Submittal of a Change of Major form IS REQUIRED for consideration for admittance to the CM program.
- Applications will be accepted during the last 2 weeks of fall and spring semesters.
- Students will be contacted through their CSU email to inform them of the outcome of their application within two weeks after the application deadline.
If you have any questions please contact the CM Advising Office at (970) 491-7354.
Construction Management Prerequisite Policy
- The Department of Construction Management strictly enforces the following Prerequisite Policy: Students must complete and pass prerequisite courses before moving to subsequent courses. At the conclusion of each semester, the CSU system will verify that all prerequisites for registered courses have been successfully passed. If a student does not complete a prerequisite course, either because they did not pass, received a grade of “I” or dropped the course, he/she will be automatically dropped from the course for which the previous course was a prerequisite
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have met all prerequisite requirements before enrolling in subsequent courses.