The Construction Management Phelps Placement Office, in accordance with the Colorado State University Career Center and the Collegiate Career Services Association of Colorado and Wyoming uses the National Association of Colleges and Employers’ definition of third-party recruiters as “…agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This includes entities that refer or recruit for profit or not for profit, and it includes agencies that collect student information to be disclosed to employers for purposes of recruitment and employment.”
Staffing agencies and third-party recruiters are not permitted to recruit on-campus through the CM Department at this time. This includes the career fair, info sessions, on-campus interviews, and other on-campus recruiting events hosted by Construction Management.
Staffing agencies and third-party recruiters are permitted to post position announcements to our online job board, provided they:
- Charge no fees to the candidate.
- Reveal the identity of the employer being represented and the nature of the relationship between the agency and the employer, and permit the verification of such information by contacting the employer directly. The Phelps Placement Office will not attempt to solicit business away from third-party recruiters, however, we will require employer permission to advertise an opportunity with one of our existing industry partners.
- Submit only current valid openings which disclose the employer and specific position within the posting.
- Use candidate information exclusively for the identified employer and position. Re-disclosure of candidate information is not permitted.
- Comply with all federal and State Equal Employment Opportunity laws (Titles VI and IX, and ADA).
Network Marketing Organizations, as defined by the CSU Career Center, are not permitted to recruit on-campus through the CM Department. This includes the career fair, info sessions, on-campus interviews, and other on-campus recruiting events.
Employers are not permitted to recruit Construction Management intern or work experience candidates for commission or sales positions.
For information on other recruiting services provided at CSU, please visit the CSU Career Center website.
Note: Member institutions of CCSA often share information with one another regarding their relationships and experiences with third-party agencies and, at the discretion of individual career offices, other conditions of the agreement may apply.
Please also review our CM Employer Code of Conduct for Recruiting.