What is a Product Development Degree Concentration?
You will earn a bachelor of science in Apparel and Merchandising with a concentration in product development. This degree concentration challenges you to master knowledge and skills in developing and innovating consumer products.
Our program includes coursework in:
- Market analysis and trend forecasting
- Technology and material research
- Concept and product line development
- Computer-aided design
- Technical package and packaging/branding strategies
- Pricing and costing
- Product line management and quality assurance
- Sourcing, supply chain management, and new venture start-up
Our Product Development concentration will prepare you to begin careers in highly technical product development fields like outdoor products and sportswear industries.
The courses you take in the Product Development Concentration prepare you for a career in product development, trend technology, material research, concept development, computer-aided design, and more.