How it works
Exercise is Medicine® – On Campus (EIM-OC) has formed a collaboration between the CSU Health and Medical Center and the Department of Health and Exercise Science. This unique collaboration allows students, staff, and faculty who have received an exercise recommendation from their healthcare provider to connect with exercise consultants from the HES department for further information and guidelines. These one-on-one consultations help referrals build understanding and confidence when incorporating more movement into their daily or weekly schedule and help you discover the personalized answers to your questions regarding how exercise fits into your life.
Common questions our consultants help with:
- What if I don’t have time to go to the gym?
- How much physical activity should I do each week?
- What benefits can I expect from having a regular physical activity routine?
- Do I need to exercise every day?
- What type of exercises should I be doing?
- What if I don’t regularly exercise? How should I start?
- Are there any exercise programs or groups I can join?
- Does walking count?
At this time we are only taking direct referrals from CSU Medical Center physicians.