School of Social Work Core Values
- Uncompromising adherence to professional ethics and principles
- Cultivating or demonstrating trust and honesty in how we relate to each other / in all encounters and situations
- Awareness of how we interact with one another as human beings – this means, to be honest, trust the good intentions of our colleagues, show up authentically
- The courage to stand where you’re standing and the tenacity to hold what you believe
- Professional and personal
Transparency, Openness, and Inclusivity
- Clear, open, honest communication
- Inclusion in decision-making
- Full, accurate, timely disclosure of information
- Group power and group decision-making, in terms of how we operate as a group and how we teach empowerment
- Dignity, worth
- Unconditional positive regard
- Moving forward with a spirit of scientific inquiry, teaching innovation, and a broader view of “what belongs” to Social Work
- Passionate, systematic curiosity and inquiry
- Inspiring innovation in our students
- Academic excellence; thinking differently about problems and solutions
- Recognizing how we act within larger systems and seeking interdisciplinary collaborations – Integrated thinking, ecosystems perspective
- Being relevant, timely, and responsive
- Integrated knowledge
- Community of knowledge seekers
- Passionate curiosity
Social Action, Service, and Active Engagement
- Unwavering commitment to creating change
- ACTING towards or in the spirit of social justice
- Commitment to action, to improvement, to change
- Bring change agents
- Being responsive to changing landscapes; Being aware of constantly changing contexts/variables and fluid in our responses
School of Social Work Guiding Principles
The School stands for courageous and resolute adherence to professional ethics and values by honoring commitments and upholding the highest standards of academic and scientific integrity.
The School is committed to academic rigor, seeking to define and address emerging social challenges thru interdisciplinary collaboration and critical inquiry that inspires innovation.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The School respects, honors, and values individual differences and diverse ideas. Using a lens of intersectionality, each person is treated with dignity, care, and respect.
Trust and Transparency
The School cultivates a trusting and transparent environment through inclusive planning and decision-making with full, accurate, and timely communication of information.
The School proactively responds to emerging trends and issues through social engagement and experiential learning, which are integrated in all aspects of our teaching, research, and service.