- S: Drive – Students, faculty, and staff are provided a common shared file space referred to as the S: drive (“student share”). The S: drive is a great way to share files between students and faculty/staff. The S: drive includes a folder for every class in the college. Included in this folder will be:
- Instructor Folder – Syllabus, notes, etc. (Instructor-Read/Write access, Students-Read)
- Student Folder – Information sharing (Instructor-Read/Write access, Students-Read/Write)
- Assignments Folder – Drag and drop assignment submission (Instructor-Read/Write access, Student-Write)
- Students can only write to this folder by drag and drop.
- M: Drive – Each student, faculty, and staff in the college is provided with individual, secure file storage space on our servers. This space is accessible from any computer in the college and is referred to as the M: drive.
- P: Drive – Each department is provided a common shared file space referred to as the P: drive (“departmental share”). The P: drive is accessible by all the faculty and staff for a given department or unit. Permissions can also be set by the college IT group on certain directories in this drive to limit access to specific individuals.
- X: Drive – The entire college is provided a common shared file space referred to as the X: drive (“college share”). The X: drive is accessible to faculty and staff and is a great way to share information between academic or administrative units. Permissions can also be set by the college IT group on certain directories in this drive to limit access to specific individuals.
- R: Drive – Faculty can request a designated space for their research program, which we designate as R: drive (“research share”). This space is intended for research projects with needs for large data stores that may not be appropriate to keep on a departmental P: drive.