Thank you to everyone who came out to the Oval for another spectacular year.
Results are viewable on the RunSignUp website and on the RunLimited website. Both sets of results are identical. We thank RunLimited for facilitating our race timing this year!
Do you have a virtual time you’d like to submit for your virtual run? Submit on the RunSignUp website and tag us in a photo @csuhes with your time, and we may share it on our social media channels!
Register Now 2022 Homecoming Race
The Homecoming Race will take place on Saturday, October 15 at 8 a.m. on the Oval for our traditional course. All ages and abilities are welcome.
Our registration remains gender-inclusive with a non-binary category for prizes and an option to keep your name and gender identity private during the awards ceremony as well as all time and rank postings.
Early bird registration is available through October 12. Early bird adult registration will be $30 and CSU students, with a valid ID, and youth registration are $20. Group discounts of 10+ runners are available via RunSignUp or by request at email@example.com. Promotional race discounts are available to our runners from Dick’s Sporting Goods – access race day promotion.
Check back here and follow our social channels for up-to-date race time, location, and course information: HES Twitter, HES Instagram, and HES Facebook
In addition to the in-person 5K on the CSU Campus in Fort Collins, we welcome virtual racers joining us from around the globe.
Virtual runners may select the virtual option on RunSignUp to have their shirts shipped to them, and local participants can sign up online and pick up packets at our various booths around town – please note, only the runners registered for the virtual race will have their packets shipped to them. For virtual runners, to submit your time, follow these instructions.
2022 Race Information
Race Day Oval Map
Registration Pricing and Closures
Registration through Run Sign Up closes 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 13. Race Day Registration is available starting at 6:30 a.m. October 15 – in person, cash or credit card accepted.
- Early bird registration through October 12 – $30
- Commitment to Campus (C2C) discount available on 3rd page of registration (after signing the race waiver)
- EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS October 12 11:59 p.m. – registration increases to $40 through race day registration.
- CSU students and youth (17 and under) – $20
- Student discount available on 3rd page of registration (after signing waiver)
- Student discount ends Friday October 14 at noon. $30 Race Day Registration for CSU students/youth 17 and under
- Virtual Race Registration (includes shipping – participant anywhere!) – $37
- Group discounts of 10+ runners are available via RunSignUp when you create a “social team”
** If you registered after October 10, your bib will be available for pick up Race Day Morning (starting at 6:30 a.m. on October 15).
We are planning several convenient packet pick-up options to get your race packet (shirt, sponsor promotions, bib) prior to the race. If you purchased a sticker(s) that will be included in your packet!
Packet Pick Ups – for those registered on or prior to October 10
Dick’s Sporting Goods – 205 E Foothills Pkwy, Fort Collins
- October 13 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- October 14 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Festival on the Oval – THE OVAL on CSU Campus
- October 14 – 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Race Day Isotope drive (adjacent to the OVAL) on CSU Campus
- October 15 – 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. (race starts at 8 a.m.!)
Since our race occurs on the same day as the CSU football game, there are a few important notes regarding parking outlined below:
- Beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday October 15, Colorado State will begin enforcing game day parking, meaning all vehicles parked on campus lots without a game day pass at this time will be towed and/or ticketed.
- We recommend coming to campus for the 5K via public transportation, such as the MAX, rideshare programs, or biking/walking.
- Neighborhoods to the north of Laurel St. and east of College Ave. also allow for 2 hour street parking, once per day. The city will be enforcing the 2 hour zones during this time.
- At this time there is NO designated parking for 5k participants. We will update this information we are able to secure designated race parking. We are working with parking services determine if we can designated 5K parking for the duration of the race.
For our youngest Rams! Kids Fun Run
Join us for the Kids Fun Run starting at 9 a.m. on the Oval! Cam the Ram will welcome the young runners and start the Kids Fun Run. Children will run one full lap around the Oval and earn a Homecoming ribbon as they pass through the finish line. Come help us cheer on our young runners after you have completed the race!
The 2022 5K Race Course
Our race course for 2022 is similar to the race course you know and love, only this year, we are running it in reverse! Exit the Oval on the South and run through our scenic campus before ending the race with a straight path down the beautiful, tree-lined Laurel St. before ending back in our favorite place, the Oval.
This year, we are excited to support Adult Fitness
Proceeds from the Homecoming Race benefit the ongoing research efforts and outreach engagements offered by the Department of Health and Exercise Science. HES is committed to a life-altering education for every one of our 1,400 undergraduate students, exceptional training and development for our M.S. and Ph.D. students, innovative and impactful research, and, in the spirit of our land-grant heritage, top-quality outreach and engagement programs that share our mission and provide value to the community.
This year’s race proceeds will benefit the Adult Fitness program. Adult Fitness is a supportive group exercise program uniquely tailored to the needs of each member. It provides a hands-on learning practicum experience for hundreds of HES students each year, who practice client relations, tailored workout programs, and a variety of other pertinent industry skills in a welcoming and realistic environment. It also provides education, fitness examination, and a multilevel fitness approach that makes exercise accessible and affordable for community members of all physical backgrounds. Homecoming Race proceeds will continue to help Adult Fitness provide top-notch fitness regimens for community members while fostering a positive, growth-focused academic experience for students.
If you, a friend, or a loved one would like to participate, or if you have questions, please contact Kimberly Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 491-0928.
Thank you to our Homecoming Race Sponsors
The Homecoming 5K Race is a community event, and we couldn’t do it without our dedicated community sponsors. We are honored to have sponsorships from community members, alumni, local businesses, and corporations. Local sponsorships are an integral part of our ability to bring this event to life every year, and make a tremendous impact on our beneficiary program, Adult Fitness.
Thank you again to our official 2022 sponsors. Your donations will make a difference for the Adult Fitness program, and we are so grateful for your continual support.