What is a MSW Dual Degree Program?
A dual degree program combines two advanced degrees in related fields. CSU’s School of Social Work and the Colorado School of Public Health support and share your passion for tackling global social and behavioral health issues. By choosing the MSW/MPH dual degree track, you are able to share credits between programs, reducing the time and tuition costs necessary to complete both programs. This is a unique opportunity; there are only 20 like it in the U.S.
Our MSW/MPH Dual Degree Program is paired with a public health concentration of Global Health and Health Disparities. This concentration gives students a foundation and skill set for working with underserved populations and tackling issues of social justice and health equity locally and globally.
You will develop skills in:
- Public policy analysis and development,
- Program planning and evaluation,
- Systems level thinking, and
- Research, practice, and application of theory.
For additional information about the dual degree program, please visit the Colorado School of Public Health:
MSW/MPH Coursework Information
You will complete coursework leading to a Master’s in Social Work and a Master’s in Public Health. The dual degree program is full-time and on-campus. We welcome students from a wide variety of undergraduate degree majors. The Advanced Standing dual degree program is available for applicants who have completed a BSW from an accredited program in the past seven years. We make sure you have a prescribed curricular plan to follow so you know you will meet all your degree requirements.
- You will attend CSU full-time for six semesters following the traditional academic calendar –Fall, Spring.
- As an Advanced Standing student, you will attend full-time for two calendar years –online Summer, Fall, Spring.
- Fall term begins in mid-August for our regular on-campus programs.
- We accept applications from September through December; application deadline December 31, 2021.
Resources Useful Links
Learn more about the goals and details of our program.