About Design Build Institute of America
Integration is our Foundation
Design Build Institute of America Student Chapters is dedicated to promoting widespread and successful utilization of the design-build project delivery method in shaping the built environment. To accomplish this goal, they are committed to fostering interdisciplinary education and communication to integrated facilities delivery at the University level. This goal will be facilitated through active participation by student chapter members and:
- Local DBIA professionals and corporations
- Students and faculty in design and construction-related disciplines
- Local professional organizations representing architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, general contracting, law, and government
- National DBIA programs and services
The student chapter will develop a strong working partnership between students and industry professionals regarding the education and research objectives required for the continued growth and excellence of design-build. Membership Benefits include:
- Nation-wide access to design-build professionals
- Discounted registration rates for all national DBIA programs and events
- DATELINE Journal
- Valuable contacts for employment, research, and publication
- President – Victor Sheverda
- Vice President – Reed Hatzenbuhler
- Treasurer – Eryn Dominguez
- Secretary – Brycen Glaser
- Event Coordinator – Jesse Thuerk
Fill out and print the DBIA membership application and submit to the Construction Management Front Office (102 Guggenheim Hall). Cost is $28/year.
Design Build Institute of America Mission, Vision, and Values
DBIA will be the industry’s preeminent resource for leadership, education, objective expertise, and best practices for the successful integrated delivery of capital projects.
DBIA promotes the value of design-build project delivery and teaches the effective integration of design and construction services to ensure success for owners and design and construction practitioners.
- Excellence in integrated design-build project delivery, producing high-value outcomes.
- An environment of trust characterized by integrity and honest communication.
- Mutual respect for and appreciation of diverse perspectives and ideas.
- A commitment to innovation and creativity to drive quality, value, and sustainability.
- Professionalism, fairness and the highest level of ethical behavior.