Short Online Course
- The ATRC has developed an online course covering the foundations of electronic accessibility. The course takes two weeks and is offered several times a year through CSU Online and is free for faculty and staff. Register for CFPD 122: Accessible and Inclusive Electronic Content.
Tutorials on this Website
- Visit the Best Practices and How-Tos portion of this website for self-guided tutorials.
- Both written and video tutorials are available.
- The ATRC provides one-on-one consultations for content editors on request.
- Consultations include follow-ups from the online training and topics not included in the online course.
- One-on-one training is also available for faculty learning how to meet required accommodations.
- The ATRC frequently presents at venues such as PDIs and the Diversity Symposium.
- Electronic accessibility overview presentations are available by request.
External Training Resources
- WebAIM has a comprehensive offering of tutorials on their website. This is an excellent resource for those going beyond what our website covers.
- WebAIM: Accessible Documents Course. This is a paid course, and a good option for those who want to go beyond the basics that we cover in our online course.
- AccessibilityOz Document Courses – AccessibilityOz offers paid courses on both Word and PDF accessibility.
- Deque University Document Courses – Deque offers paid courses on a variety of document types including Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint, EPUB, and InDesign.
- Monsido training is available with our license. Contact us for information.
- SiteImprove Accessibility Hub
- w3c: Digital Accessibility Foundations. This is a free online course for web content managers and web developers.
- w3c Accessibility Fundamentals. The w3c also has free training materials to help web developers understand how to apply WCAG2 guidelines.
- WebAIM: Web Accessibility Virtual Training. This is a paid course.
- AccessibilityOz Web Courses – AccessibilityOz offers a variety of paid courses including WCAG2 standards for content managers, for web developers, and video accessibility.
- Deque University Web Courses – Deque offers a full curriculum on web accessibility covering a variety of in-depth topics including AJAX and ARIA and mobile apps.
Testing for Accessibility
Learn how to test websites and applications for accessibility.