- Trainings and course development
- Accessibility website
- Accessibility evaluations
Web Accessibility Subcommittee:
- Website evaluations
- Accessibility Open House Sessions
- Website checking tool for all sites
- PDI Sessions
- Job description language for positions related to web development
- Courageous Strategic Transformation Inspiration Proposal including an Electronic Inclusivity Center and dedicated personnel
- Accessibility Summit being planned for Fall 2022
IT Accessibility Task Force (2021):
- Needs assessment and peer institution reviews on electronic accessibility
- Recommendations forthcoming
- UDOIT for Canvas accessibility checking tool
- Default Canvas course template with accessibility
- Echo360 and Kaltura video platforms
We have two policies that speak to electronic accessibility:
- Accessibility of Electronic Information and Technologies
- Sets WCAG 2.x AA as our campus guidelines
- Inclusive Physical and Virtual Campus
For student accommodations, accurate captions and/or American Sign Language are necessary.
- CSU Online produces these for courses offered fully online.
- TILT produces these for all other courses.
If you have a student with a captioning accommodation in your course, you will be contacted by one of these departments.
For other videos, such as those posted on websites, each department is responsible for its own accurate captions. Some departments are editing captions themselves, others are outsourcing. See Multimedia for details on captioning options.
Documents and Textbooks
- Morgan Library Course Reserve provides text-recognized PDFs
- SDC Accessible Text handles student textbook accommodations
Departments are responsible for making their own content accessible. Steps that help make this possible include:
- Requiring accessibility when adopting curriculum and textbooks
- Providing Adobe Acrobat Professional licensing to faculty and staff
- Training faculty and staff to include electronic accessibility in their workflows
- Hiring staff or GTAs who can assist the department in meeting requirements
- Outsourcing document remediation: 247 Accessible Documents – Reliable and Cost-Effective Document Remediation