Construction Management Fall and Spring Career Fair
The Spring 2020 Career Fair on March 5th is now SOLD OUT.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please email conference services at firstname.lastname@example.org (970-491-6222) with the following information: company name, contact name, email, phone number. Include ‘CM Career Fair Waitlist’ in the subject line.
The Department of Construction Management’s Career Fair is an excellent way for students to “preview” your company while giving you the opportunity to get acquainted with them before the busy recruiting events begin. This event is advertised to CM, Business, Engineering, and Interior Design majors seeking full-time employment and internship opportunities.
- Student resumes will be available to fair participants via the CM Jobs Industry Recruiting Portal the week prior to the fair
- A limited number of interview rooms are available on campus beginning the day after the fair. The week of the fair is reserved for out-of-state recruiters, then PADB Platinum Members only
- If you have questions or clarifications for an existing registration, please contact Conference and Event Services at (970) 491-6222 or email@example.com
- NOTE: Employer information sessions and recruiting events may not be scheduled until the week following the career fair. Also, note that the first week is reserved for PADB Platinum members only.
Construction Management Career Fair Details
Booth Options and Fees
Premium Booth Package ($1,100): NOT AVAILABLE SPRING 2020 while we adjust to the new location
($600 for PADB Platinum; $850 for PADB Gold)
- Highly visible front area location
- Ability to request preference from available booth locations
During registration, use this layout to select your booth preferences: Career Fair Premium Booth Selection Layout
- Oversized booth (two 6′ tables with four chairs)
- Four breakfast, lunch, and happy hour drink vouchers
- Electricity at booth and wireless internet connection
- Complimentary handling and storage at the Hilton
- Company profile and a half-page advertisement in the Career Fair Program (printed and online)
Standard Booth Package ($675):
($500 for Small Business/Gov’t; Complimentary for PADB Platinum; $350 for PADB Gold)
- One 6′ table with two chairs
- Two breakfast, lunch, and happy hour drink vouchers
- Wireless internet connection
- Company profile in Career Fair Program (printed and online)
- Additional services/options available that are not included in the standard booth registration are the program advertisement, electricity, package handling/storage, and additional meal vouchers
- Small Business/Government rate is reserved for independently owned and operated small businesses (50 or fewer employees), 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, and Federal, State, County, or City agencies only
Program Advertising Specifications
If your organization registered for a premium booth or added an advertisement to your standard booth registration, please forward your ad as a jpeg image to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks prior to the fair.
Half-page advertisement ($250): 5″ wide x 3.75″ tall
Location, Parking, and Lodging
The fair will be located in the Grand Ballroom within CSU’s Lory Student Center.
1101 Center Ave Mall, Fort Collins, CO 80521
The Grand Ballroom is located on the 300 Level of the LSC (3rd Floor) as shown in purple on this building map.
If you are parking on-campus, please use this parking map. You can park in any MB-space in the Moby parking lot off Shields St. (lot 195 in lime green on the map) and take a shuttle to the Lory Student Center. You will be emailed a link to register your vehicle license plate prior to the fair. Please do not park in other Parking Zones (A,Q,X,Z, etc.) or you will be ticketed.
If you need accessible parking, please contact Conference & Event Services at 970-491-6222 or email@example.com to make arrangements.
The two hotels on the perimeter of the CSU campus are Hilton Fort Collins and Best Western University Inn. You can find locations, phone numbers, features, and amenities at www.visitftcollins.com or this list of local lodging options.
SHIPPING TO THE FAIR:
If you plan to ship items to the fair, please address your shipment as follows:
CM Career Fair, MARCH 5, 2020
Attn: Jessica Lyons, Conference & Event Manager
CSU Housing Warehouse
1634 West Plum Street
Fort Collins, CO 80521
** Please reference ‘CM Career Fair’ on packaging and be sure your company name is visible**
The CSU Housing Warehouse is the only CSU facility that will accept shipments of conference materials – Lory Student Center will NOT accept shipments. Packages should be shipped to arrive no earlier than one week before the fair and must arrive no later than 4:00 pm the day before the fair.
Shipments will only be received 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, CSU holidays excluded. Make sure the trucking and/or shipping company has this information.
CSU is not responsible for missing items and cannot accept C.O.D. packages.
SHIPPING FROM THE FAIR:
- Before coming to campus: Print and bring the return labels and account number with you. CSU only ships with UPS and Fed-Ex.
- After the fair is over: Make sure all packages are labeled, including the charge code and weight. Boxes that lack pre-paid return labels will not be shipped. A package drop-off area will be identified in or around the fair ballroom. You will have until 3:30pm to bring your packages to the drop-off area when they will be picked-up and delivered to CSU’s Central Receiving, which closes at 4pm.
- Contact Jessica Lyons 970-491-0448 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know the items you will be shipping.
If you miss the 3:30pm pick-up time &/or need your items to go out same day, you must make your own arrangements. Below is a list of local shipping provider locations:
Schedule of Events
8:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Check-In, Booth Set-Up, & Breakfast
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Booths Open
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch (Career Fair remains open during lunch)
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Pack Up (& Drop Packages for Shipping)
3:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Happy Hour & Raffle
Student and Industry Dinners
The CM department encourages recruiters to participate in the student and industry dinner on the evening of the Career Fair. This is a great opportunity to better connect with students in a relaxed setting. Each company coordinates directly with students and makes arrangements with the restaurant of their choice. Visit this list of downtown Fort Collins restaurants.
Refunds, less a $100 administration fee, will be permitted for written cancellation requests received by Conference and Event Services at least two weeks prior to the fair.
Due to the nature of banquet events and guaranteeing numbers, refunds will not be given for cancellations within two weeks of the fair. This is also true for day-of weather related difficulties. Once numbers are confirmed, the department is responsible for meals and booth set-up whether they are used or not. Thank you for your understanding.
Interview Room Bookings
A limited number of interview rooms are available on campus beginning the day after the fair. The Week of the fair is reserved for out-of-state companies, then PADB Platinum Members. Rooms book quickly, reserve your space right away. The deadline to register for all on-campus recruiting events is the day after the Career Fair. Please visit our Industry Partners page for specific recruiting dates.