Construction Management Fall and Spring Career Fair
Save the date for the Spring 2023 CM Career Fair on Tuesday, February 21st. Registration will open December 14th at 9am.
The Department of Construction Management’s Career Fair is an excellent way for students to “preview” your company while giving you the opportunity to get acquainted with them before the busy recruiting events begin. This event is advertised to CM, Business, Engineering, and Interior Design majors seeking full-time employment and internship opportunities.
- Registered fair employers can begin accessing participating student resumes in our CM Jobs Recruiting Portal starting the week prior to the fair.
- A limited number of interview rooms are available on campus beginning the day after the fair. The week of the fair is reserved for out-of-state recruiters, then PADB Platinum Members only.
- If you have questions or clarifications for an existing registration, please contact Conference and Event Services at (970) 491-6222 or email@example.com.
- NOTE: Employer information sessions and recruiting events may not be scheduled until the week following the career fair. Also, note that the first week is reserved for PADB Platinum members only.
Optimized for viewing on mobile devices… can view on web or download the Career Fair Plus App.
Construction Management Career Fair Details
Booth Packages and Fees
Booth Package ($700):
($500 for Small Business/Gov’t & PADB Assoc. Members; Complimentary for PADB Platinum*; $400 for PADB Gold)
- One 6′ table with two chairs
- Two breakfast, lunch, and happy hour drink vouchers
- Two parking passes for the Moby Lot (& shuttle service to LSC)
- Wireless internet connection
- Company profile and overview video on the Career Fair Plus App
- Additional services/options that are not included in the base registration are additional marketing on the Career Fair Plus App, electricity, package handling/storage, and up to ONE additional meal voucher and parking pass. These can be added during the registration process.
- Small Business/Government rate is reserved for independently owned and operated small businesses (50 or fewer employees), 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, PADB Association Members, and Federal, State, County, or City agencies only
Each booth space is 8’ x 5’ with a 6’ x 30” table with black tablecloth. Please do not exceed your booth space – displays that obstruct adjacent booths will not be allowed. Access to electricity needs to be requested at least 10-days in advance through Conference Services at an additional charge.
* PADB Platinum members are also able to register early and select their booth location.
Additional Marketing Options
We will be using the Career Fair Plus App (same platform we used for our Virtual Fairs) for our on-line fair program and will NO LONGER be printing a physical fair program. Below are the two additional marketing options available to help your company stand out on the Career Fair Plus App. For a visual of these options you can click the hyperlinked headings and view our previous fairs on the Career Fair Plus App here.
FEATURED EMPLOYER ($750; $600 PADB Gold; $500 PADB Platinum)
This exclusive slot will enable your company to be the first thing that students see when they load the employer directory. As a featured employer, your company listing will alternate being located at the very top as well as your normal place in the employer list. In addition, your profile will be highlighted to drive eye contact. Featured Employer also comes with the Banner Ad described below. (LIMITED Availability)
BANNER AD ($250; $150 PADB Gold; $0 PADB Platinum)
This eye-catching sponsorship level will allow your company to have a graphic based advertisement. Use bright colors and logos to attract student attention and draw more eyes to your company profile.
Creating a banner ad is simple! We need 2 things:
- .png file with a width of 414px and height of 108px
- A background color in the hex code format (i.e. #FFFFFF, #F0F0F0, etc.)
EMPLOYER VIDEO: Every company has the option to provide a 1-2 min company info video – which we highly recommend!
- Videos do not have to be professionally produced. Check out current videos on Career Fair Plus App by clicking on the current fair and browsing other company videos
- You will need to provide a source file for your video – NOT a link to YouTube or Vimeo, etc.
- To submit your video, please complete this form
- If we have your video on file, it will be copied over. If you would like to replace or remove it, let us know
Career Fair Plus App Program Information
We use the Career Fair Plus App as our on-line fair program and no longer print physical booklets. You can view our fairs on the Career Fair Plus App here.
Registered employers will receive additional information about a month before the fair – particularly those that purchase additional marketing and/or plan to submit a Company Overview Video.
Your on-line profile will include info for ONE RECRUITER. This should represent the contact info you would like interested candidates to reach out to. Please review your on-line profile information and let us know if anything needs updated.
The Current Fair Program will go live about 3-weeks prior to the fair.
Accessing Student Resumes & Check-In Analytics
Fair contacts will be emailed an invitation to set up an account on Career Fair Plus but must complete their profile to access these features.
* Disregard any Career Fair Plus scheduling features as these are tied to virtual events and will not be utilized.
RESUME DROP allows candidates to ‘drop’ their resume to employers through the Career Fair Plus App before, during, or after the fair. Once recruiters have created their Career Fair Plus account, they are able to:
- Encourage students to visit their booth (pre-event)
- View student profiles that ‘drop’ their resume to their company
- Assess/rate/make notes on student profiles
- Download/export a report of all resume drop profiles
- Follow-up with students of interest (post-event)
Once you set up your account, you will see the “shell” for your company’s Resume Drop. This is where you will see candidate information once they have ‘dropped’ their resume to you.
Resume Drop has the potential to let recruiters see a wider pool of candidates than just those they met with during the fair.
BOOTH CHECK-IN is a feature that allows students to ‘check in’ to an employer booth the day of the fair by scanning a QR code. Recruiters are then able to:
- Access candidate digital profile information including their resume
- Use the ‘Candidate Assessments’ section to create notes and rate candidates
- View a list of who stopped by their booth
- Sort and export candidate data after the fair
To view candidate details during or after the fair, login to https://app.careerfairplus.com/my-fairs and click on our event to view your Booth Check-in list. After the event, you can use the ‘Download All’ option in the menu at the top to export all candidate data post-event. You can login on the Career Fair Plus mobile app and extract the data from there as well.
Be sure to remind students to check-in as they visit your booth! Once they check in, you’ll have immediate access to their profile information and resume. If you have a long line, consider having candidates check-in as soon as they enter the line. By the time they reach a recruiter, the recruiter will have access to their information to look through as they chat.
Location, Parking, Shuttle, and Lodging
The fair will be located in the Grand Ballroom within CSU’s Lory Student Center.
1101 Center Ave Mall, Fort Collins, CO 80521
The Grand Ballroom is located on the 300 Level of the LSC (3rd Floor) as shown in purple on this building map.
If you are parking on-campus, please park in any ZR-space in the Moby parking lot off Shields Street (lot 195 highlighted on this map) and we will shuttle you to the Lory Student Center. You will be emailed instructions to use the ParkMobile App to register your vehicle prior to the fair. Please do not park in other Parking Zones (A,Q,X,Z, etc.) or you will be ticketed. The CM Dept. is not responsible for any parking violations.
A shuttle will be running between the Moby Lot (Lot #195) and the Lory Student Center from 8:00AM – 10:00AM and 3:00PM – 4:30PM to transport you and your materials, and students will be available to assist you into the ballroom. If you need to return to the lot outside of these times, please visit the Employer Assistance Table to have the shuttle called back for you.
Please give yourself plenty of time to park, shuttle, locate & set-up your booth, and relax with some breakfast before the fair opens at 10AM.
If you need accessible parking, please contact Conference & Event Services at (970) 491-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
The two hotels on the perimeter of the CSU campus are Hilton Fort Collins and Best Western University Inn. You can find locations, phone numbers, features, and amenities at www.visitftcollins.com or this list of local lodging options.
SHIPPING TO THE FAIR: ($25)
If you plan to ship items to the fair, please register accordingly and address your shipment as follows:
CM Career Fair
Attn: Jessica Lyons, Conference & Event Manager
CSU Housing Warehouse
1634 West Plum St.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
** Please reference ‘CM Career Fair’ on packaging and be sure your company name is visible**
The CSU Housing Warehouse is the only CSU facility that will accept shipments of conference materials – Lory Student Center will NOT accept shipments. Packages should be shipped to arrive no earlier than two weeks before the fair and must arrive no later than noon the day before the fair.
Shipments will only be received 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, CSU holidays excluded. Make sure the trucking and/or shipping company has this information.
CSU is not responsible for missing items and cannot accept C.O.D. packages.
SHIPPING FROM THE FAIR:
• Before coming to campus: Print and bring the return labels and account number with you. CSU only ships with UPS and Fed-Ex.
• After the fair is over: Make sure all packages are labeled, including the charge code and weight. Boxes that lack pre-paid return labels will not be shipped. A package drop-off area will be identified in or around the fair ballroom.
• You will have until 3:30 p.m. to bring your packages to the drop-off area when they will be picked-up and delivered to CSU’s Central Receiving, which closes at 4 p.m.
• Contact Jessica Lyons (970) 491-0448 or email@example.com and let her know the items you will be shipping.
If you miss the 3:30 p.m. pick-up time and/or need your items to go out same day, you must make your own arrangements. Below is a list of local shipping provider locations:
• FedEx: 1113 W Elizabeth St., Fort Collins, CO 80521 (970) 482-3688
• UPS: 1281 E Magnolia St. Unit D, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (970) 221-4655
• Fort Collins Post Office: Fort Collins Post Office: 301 S Howes St. Fl 1, Fort Collins, CO 80521 (800) 275-8777
Schedule of Events
8:30-10 a.m. Check-In, Booth Set-Up, & Breakfast
10 a.m.-3 p.m. Booths Open
Noon-2 p.m. Lunch (Career Fair remains open during lunch)
3-3:30 p.m. Pack Up (& Drop Pre-Labeled Packages for Shipping)
3:15-5 p.m. Happy Hour
Student and Industry Dinners
The CM department encourages recruiters to invite students to dinner on the evening of the Career Fair. This is a great opportunity to better connect with groups of students in a relaxed setting. Each company coordinates directly with students and makes arrangements with the restaurant of their choice. Visit this list of downtown Fort Collins restaurants.
Refunds, less a $100 administration fee, will be permitted for written cancellation requests received by Conference and Event Services at least two weeks prior to the fair.
Due to the nature of banquet events and guaranteeing numbers, refunds will not be given for cancellations within two weeks of the fair. This is also true for day-of weather related difficulties. Once numbers are confirmed, the department is responsible for meals and booth set-up whether they are used or not. Thank you for your understanding.
Interview Room Bookings
A limited number of interview rooms are available in our CM Recruiting Center beginning the day after the fair. The Week of the fair is reserved for out-of-state companies, then PADB Platinum Members. Rooms book quickly, reserve your space right away. Limit one room per company. If you require more than one room, you may contact Codi Delgadillo at the All Campus Career Center to check their interview room availability. The deadline to register for all on-campus recruiting events is the day after the Career Fair. Please visit our Industry Partners page for specific recruiting dates.
If you booked on-campus interviews with us for the week of the fair, we will provide room and parking info to you the day of the fair. Please note there are no interview room numbers. We will provide company signs by each room to denote your space. Unless otherwise noted, interview rooms are held in our 3rd Floor Preconstruction Building Recruiting Center and are available from 9am-5pm.