The College of Health and Human Sciences Alumni Awards recognize alumni of the College who have distinguished themselves and brought honor to Colorado State University through their career achievements, community service, and volunteer efforts. The awards are sponsored by the CHHS Executive Leadership Council.
College of Health and Human Sciences Award Categories and Criteria
CHHS Outstanding Alumna/Alumnus Award
This award honors outstanding alumni from the College who, through their distinguished careers and service to the university, state, nation, or world, have brought honor to Colorado State University and to themselves. One or more honorees may be selected each year among alumni from any department/school within the College.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Obtained a degree from one of the departments/schools in the College of Health and Human Sciences;
- Have a record of distinction and accomplishment in their field;
- Have demonstrated service to the university, state, nation, or world;
- Have demonstrated achievements that have brought honor to CSU, CHHS, and to themself.
- Nominate Outstanding Alumni online
CHHS Emerging Leader Alumna/Alumnus Award
This award recognizes recent graduates of the College for accomplishments made in the areas of career, service, or volunteer efforts that have brought honor to the individual and the College/University. One or more honorees may be selected among alumni from any department/school within the College. Emerging Leader Award honorees must have graduated from Colorado State University within the last 10 years.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Obtained a degree from one of the schools/departments in CHHS within the last ten years of the nomination deadline.
- Demonstrated contributions that have brought honor to the individual and to CSU in the area(s) of career, service, and/or volunteer efforts.
- Nominate Emerging Leader online
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Awardees must be graduates of a department/school within the College of Health and Human Sciences (including previous College and Department/School names). CHHS academic units can be found here.
- Awards may not be given to persons whose election would generate a potential conflict of interest with their current responsibilities and their selection as an Alumni Award recipient, such as:
- Any person currently running for an elected political office or being considered for an appointed political office.
- Any person receiving monetary compensation from Colorado State University or its affiliates during the nomination process.
- Current Colorado State University System governing board members, CHHS Executive Leadership Council members, Alumni Association board members, and CSU Foundation and CSU Research Foundation board members.
- Any person, who by other position of potential conflict of interest not previously identified above, is determined by the Awards Committee to be ineligible for this award.
Guidelines and Nomination Deadline
- All nominations must adhere to the size/length limitations specified within the guidelines for each award. Nominations exceeding limits may not receive full consideration.
- All nominations must be received by Monday, November 15, 2021, at 5 p.m. Mountain Time.
- Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered.
Electronic Nomination Process
Nominate online by following these steps:
- Fill out the online nomination form for the CHHS Outstanding Alumna/Alumnus Award or CHHS Emerging Leader Alumna/Alumnus Award.
- Attach the following documents in one email to email@example.com:
- A separate document that includes the candidate’s vitae/resume (limited to four pages or fewer; 11 point font size minimum.)
- Optional supporting documentation (i.e., newspaper articles, letters of support, and other pertinent information. Limited to four pages or fewer; 11 point font size minimum.)
Screening and Selection
- Nominations will be reviewed by the selection committee, and award recipient selections will be made by the beginning of the spring semester.
- Nominations for those individuals not selected may be resubmitted in future years.
- Upon selection, award winners and nominators will be notified by the CHHS Dean, or designee.